Did you know that your feet handle all the strain and weight of the entire body? In fact, since the skin on the feet is highly delicate and vulnerable, we often neglect our feet and neglect can lead to dryness, cracks, formation of bunions and in some cases... soreness and pain.
The overall health of your body is dependent on proper care and concern for each and every part of your body and therefor you must be meticulous in caring for your feet. You need to make sure that they remain healthy and beautiful for as long as possible.
So we have come up with a few tips that will help you with you beautiful feet and in case we might have missed a few, feel free to tell us below in the comments section what else could work and has worked for you before.
Tips to keep your feet beautiful...
- The first step would be to try and remove the hard skin from your feet and to do that:
- Soak your feet in a bowl of warm water in order to soften the dirt and the dead skin and to make them easily removable.
- Then use a pumice stone or a foot file and start rubbing your skin gently and concentrate on rubbing the dead skin on your feet to loosen it.
- Rinse off the flaky residue.
- If you would like to relieve aches and swelling, once the dead skin has been removed, soak your feet for about 10 minutes in a bowl of warm water and add some mineral salts along with a few drops of lavender essential oils. This should help moisturize those pretty feet and also the oils will nourish them making them feel way better.
- Make sure you always dry your feet well especially wiping between your toes.
- Trim toenails and shape them with an emery board.
- Try massaging your feet and use rich foot skin cream to do this. To massage your feet first try to cup your hands on either side of the foot and with the thumbs pressing the upper part of the foot, rub and push down and outwards. Also note that the extra cream must be removed from the nails and cotton wool tufts should be placed in between your toes.
- Try massaging your ankles too. By gently massaging the anklebone in a circular motion will relieve stiffness that occurs in ankles.
Tips to keep your feet healthy...
- Inducing circulation: In order to keep your feet healthy it is important to increase the blood circulation through them by:
- Putting your feet up when you are sitting or lying down.
- Stretching, especially rewarding for those who have to sit continuously for long durations.
- Going for a walk.
- Massaging the feet gently using your hands or a foot roller.
- Giving the feet a warm bath.
- Using the right footwear - The very purpose of footwear is to protect the feet from damage. However, a bad choice in footwear can in itself be damaging for your feet. Make sure to keep these tips in mind while choosing and using footwear:
- Make sure it supports and fits the foot properly.
- It is made of natural materials that are soft and flexible, helping your feet breathe.
- That its shaped like your foot and feels comfortable when you walk in them.
- Have thick soles that cushion the feet while walking
- Which offers enough space for your longest toe at the end of each shoe when you are standing up
- Let the ball of your foot fit comfortably into the widest part of the shoe.
- Does not ride up and down on your heel when you walk.
- Try buy shoes in the evening when your feet are the largest and buy a size that fits the larger of your two feet.
- Vary your shoe types and shoe heels every day. It is best to choose low heels over high heels though.
- Use cotton or wool socks and change them at least once a day.
- Visiting a chiropodist - A chiropodist can give you valuable advice on relaxing techniques for your feet and give special care for various feet conditions such as bunions, cracks etc. They are also experts in foot massages that can truly relieve stress and stiffness in your feet.
Lifestyle habits to consider...
- Avoid smoking.
- Do not expose the feet to extreme cold or hot conditions.
- Exercise regularly by walking, doing calf stretches, wriggling your toes etc
- People with diabetes and arthritis must take special care for their feet as they are more susceptible to foot ailments.