Liver & Gallbladder Cleanse.
NB: This should preferably be done after consulting with your health care practitioner.
It is advisable to do the liver cleanse over a weekend. This is a trusted method that works well, but it takes some preparation before the actual cleanse takes place.
Proper hydration is drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. During the week preceding your liver cleanse have one (1) tablespoon of Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Olive oil with one (1) tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice each morning in a glass of water – Tip: hot water goes down easier!
You should try and avoid rich and fatty foods, in fact follow a low GI fat free meal plan (i.e. rich in raw vegetables and unrefined grains). Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake for this week only.
Day of Cleanse:
Breakfast: enjoy a fresh mixed fruit salad.
Lunch: a French salad and steamed vegetables.
From 14h00 onwards no more eating, drink plenty of water!
Mix four (4) tablespoons Epsom salt and three (3) cups of water in a large jug. This results in four (4) doses of a three-quarter (¾) cup each.
* Have Olive oil and some fresh lemons/grapefruits ready for later.
* At 18h00 drink a three-quarter cup of the Epsom salt mixture, and again at 20h00.
* Just before 22h00, mix half a cup of Olive Oil and three-quarter cup of freshly squeezed lemon/grapefruit juice in a large jar. Shake the mixture vigorously.
* At 22h00, drink the entire mixture within five minutes. Lay down on your back immediately after wards. You must lie down flat on your back for at least thirty (30) minutes.
* At 06h00 the following morning, take another three-quarter cup of the Epsom salt mixture, and then last dose again at 08h00.
* At 10h00 you should introduce a light meal, preferably fresh fruit. You should eat very lightly for the remainder of the day – i.e. fruit and steamed vegetables in 150 gram portions. Not more than five (5) portions.
* You can expect to get diarrhea. This will be watery and may be painful at first especially if you pass small “stones”.
NOTE: You may see green/yellow “stones” floating in the water. On average these tend to be small, about the size of peas. You may also see pale “crystals” or sludge in the water. The diarrhea will continue for a few hours. Detoxification symptoms may include: tiredness, mild nausea and headaches. This however will pass during the day. Once finished, your Liver & Gallbladder Cleanse is complete.
Inquire about our Biochemical Screening platforms, our Nutraceutical supplement range and the latest on Functional & Integrative Medicine.
Consult with your Health care Practitioner frequently to promote Health Aging!